Masks and patches are proven to minimize product evaporation and maximize formula delivery, while enhancing product absorption and efficacy. How will your brand benefit from adding these products to your skincare line?
Custom face masks and patches are all the rage these days. They’re more than just a beauty trend, though; they’re a perpetual staple in all major skincare brands and a must-have category in your skincare portfolio. Targeted treatments can be designed to tackle unique and persistent skin issues that need a little extra attention – great for your customers and your brand alike. Here’s why.
#1 – They Serve Every Customer Need
From cleansing and moisturizing to brightening, firming and pore refining – targeted treatments can do it all… and your customers will love you for providing these options. Here are just a few different ways you can meet their specific needs.
Because every person’s acne is unique to their body, consumers look for highly targeted treatments that will get to the root of their breakouts and treat the skin over time.
Custom masks and patches are the perfect remedy for these in-demand acne treatments because they can utilize various materials and take on different sizes to fit hard-to-target areas of the face and body. Some main types of acne-reducing masks and patches are:
- Postbiotic Sheet Masks: influence the composition of skin microflora by balancing pH, discouraging the growth of certain pathogens and providing antimicrobial benefits. This sheet mask delivers higher occlusion and efficacy than regular postbiotic-containing moisturizers and offers a unique blemish control formula that features witch hazel, acai ferment, lactobacillus ferment lysate filtrate and coconut fruit extract.
- Pore Strips: apply key ingredients to the skin, drawing out impurities and detoxifying the skin. The material absorbs dirt and sebum to reduce the size of pores and appearance of blackheads. The formula uses charcoal, ghassoul (Moroccan lava clay), and volcanic ash.
- Acne Colloidal Patches: remains on the skin for part of the day or overnight and provides a protective layer against dirt and bacteria, which cleanses the skin and helps it heal from acne. It’s made from hydrocolloid, a fluid-absorbing agent that is known to draw out impurities from the skin’s surface. It reduces blemishes, speeds up the skin’s healing process, and is the perfect ingredient to incorporate into this adhesive patch.
- Acne Plaster Patches: meant for small areas on the face and are transparent so they can be worn during the day. They utilize highly effective ingredients that are known to fight acne, including Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, salicylic acid, and vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract.
- Microneedle Patches: water-soluble chips with pyramid-shaped protrusions that are activated from the moisture on the skin and slowly dissolve to treat blemishes. The formula chips are coated onto an adhesive backing to ensure secure adhesion and an enclosed environment for best possible treatment of the afflicted area. Some main microneedle patch ingredients include hyaluronic acid and trehalose. These patches are a painless and effective way to deliver anti-acne ingredients to the skin, representing one of the latest innovations in skincare.
Skin Brightening, Firming & Soothing
Consumers of all ages and all skin types look for treatments that brighten, firm and soothe the skin. This skincare need is due to the common desire to upkeep a healthy and intact skin barrier, which includes treating areas of the skin that may be impacted by acne, dark spots, aging, pollutants, sun damage, or other concerns. Once again, custom face masks and patches are the solution thanks to their ability to utilize specific ingredients and form into certain shapes to ensure product absorption and efficacy. Some of the best mask and patch options for these skin benefits:
- Peptide Masks: Peptides are small proteins that hydrate, brighten and smooth the skin with their anti-inflammatory properties. Peptide masks will utilize these proteins to protect the skin from harsh pollutants and brighten dark spots.
- Dark Coated Masks: This water-activated mask features a concentrated formula with 5% niacinamide, a type of vitamin B that decreases hyperpigmentation and promote bright, smooth skin. It hydrates, plumps and protects the skin.
- Lip & Cheek Patches: The lips and cheeks are common areas of the skin that experience roughness, dryness and aging. Patches that are made just for lips and cheeks can combat these skin issues and promote smoothness and brightness. These patches can utilize any of the ingredients we’ve mentioned so far or other ones that your brand prefers.
Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Aging skin is one of the most common concerns that encourage consumers to look for targeted treatments. Certain areas of the face and body are more prone to fine lines, wrinkles and imperfections than others. Masks and patches can deliver the necessary ingredients directly to those areas. Some excellent anti-aging targeted treatments are:
- Antioxidant Care V-Line Masks: This hydrogel mask is designed specifically for chin tightening and neck firming. Its unique shape fits comfortably under the chin and loops behind ears to provide an instant lifting effect. Its formula promotes collagen production to contour to the jawline for a more structured look. Ingredients include ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, sorbitol 5%, and cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) fruit extract.
- Double Lifting V-Line Traditional Hydrogel Mask: The double loop v-line of this hydrogel mask sculpts the skin under both the chin and jawline, providing tightening and lifting to those specific areas. Its occlusive barrier helps the skin absorb the mask’s rich formula, which utilizes sorbitol 5%, castor seed oil, maltodextrin, and hydrolyzed extension.
- Under Eye Patches: The sensitive skin under the eyes is highly susceptible to fine lines and wrinkles, but under eye patches can help stop aging in its tracks. These patches reduce dark circles, crow’s feet wrinkles, and other imperfections under the eyes. They typically utilize collagen extract, retinol, sorbitol 5% and hydrolyzed extensin.
#2 – They Treat Other Areas
Everyone strives to have healthy, glowing skin. Custom face masks and patches are designed to make that a reality for your consumers with versatile format options. Whether it’s the under-eyes, lips, neck, cheek, forehead, or v-line that needs attention, there’s a formula and format for every skincare concern.
But the face isn’t the only area of the body that masks and patches can treat. Your brand will certainly stand out if you pay attention to skincare needs beyond the face, like:
- Hands: hand masks feature shea butter and jojoba oil for deep conditioning benefits
- Feet: foot masks exfoliate and break down the dead outer layers of skin
- Heels: rescue Heel Patches utilize avocado oil and glycerin to restore and rejuvenate heels
- Hair: hair masks combat frizz and provide added shine thanks to ingredients like algae and grapefruit extract
#3 – They Offer Exceptional Formats with Easy Application
All the above benefits these masks and patches have to offer to your customers can only be recognized if these product in question are easy to use and create a fun and relaxing experience for the user. There are many format options available that can provide value to your customers…and your brand.
- Non-woven: The most common on the global market, offering formula versatility.
- Perfect Pull Open (PPO): A patented feature that allows for easy opening and application.
- Hydrogel: Made from a clear gel that feels refreshing on the skin and provides higher efficacy, increased adhesion and higher occlusion.
- Aquatic: The most effective delivery system for the highest absorption rate, providing a one-way path for releasing active ingredients directly into the skin.
- Biocellulose: Provides the same moisturizing and hydration benefits as a non-woven sheet mask while also creating a total barrier that almost completely blocks evaporation.
Custom masks and patches are the best delivery systems for your brand’s signature ingredients – they target specific areas of the skin, utilize innovative formulas and materials, and solve tough-to-manage skincare problems. Incorporate these targeted treatments into your product line today so your consumers can experience the benefits and have your brand to thank.
Want to incorporate custom masks and patches into your skincare line? Start a project with TaikiUSA.